|Richard Todd with his wife Catherine and ‘Baron’ their dog.|
This is a section from an article in Woman magazine of early 1952. The writer had been to visit Richard Todd and his wife Kitty at the home they had recently moved into at Pinkneys Green, Maidenhead
Richard and Kitty were married in 1949 at St. Columba’s church, Pont Street, Chelsea. They had two children Peter and Fiona.
From the article it appears that Wayside House was in a bad state of repair when the film star and his Scottish wife first purchased it. The magazine reporter Edith Blair, goes into great detail about how Richard and Kitty spent many weeks rubbing turpentine and linseed oil into the wooden beams and eventually furnishing their new home.
Richard Todd’s Home at Pinkneys Green, Maidenhead
Richard and Kitty became the owners of Wayside House (their first house) at the end of September 1950. The following spring, Richard commenced filming of The Story of Robin Hood and His Merrie Men at nearby Denham Film Studios.